Front page Home Page

Forum Index Chat Room League Tables League Fixtures League Rules GOTM News Admin League Admin

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: PSL PES6 2009 Squads Installer
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:49 pm 

PSL PES6 2009 Squads Installer - http://www.moonrat.co.uk

Quick Download Links:
* PSL PES6 2009 Squads Installer: download or mirror
* PSL PES6 Squad Switcher: download

Background and instructions:
When Konami servers were running, we were able to update squads using existing players, but not update stats. Now with GoalServer and pes6j we can play online with the stats updated too. Which is pretty neccessary really, considering how woefully innacurate Konami's stats were when the game was released, let alone approaching 3 years later!

This is an easy to use installer to enable playing with 2009 squads and stats (created by the excellent work of ISS-Patch team) online. The installer will backup your existing pes6.exe, 0_text.afs and kitserver folder and replace them with new versions. It will also backup your option file, with a new one needing to be created for the 2009 squads and stats. The install may take upto 10 minutes to finish, depending on the speed of your PC. Once this update is installed you can only play online against others who also have this update installed; however there is also a PSL Squad Switcher tool to instantly swap between this update and your backed up files. In this way you can play online versus those who do have this update and those who do not.

----

1. Register at http://megaupload.com/?c=signup - it's free and means the upcoming download will be a lot faster. Eff and Eirik have talked about getting between 30-50k/s (4 hour download) - as a registered free user I achieved 12mb/s (15 mins download). Once registered sign into it before going to the next step.

2. Download the PSL PES6 2009 Squads Installer @ http://www.megaupload.com/?d=36X05P39 or http://www.2shared.com/file/5249882/9454e25d/psl_pes6_2009_squad_installer.html - it is nearly 500mb, but even thats only 30 mins on a 4meg connection. Once downloaded, unzip then run the exe. It will ask for your pes6 install directory; this should already be correct, but double check. Then install. It may take 10 mins or so, as it's moving across large files then decompressing them. It will backup your existing option file / squads / kitserver as well automatically.

3. Load up Pro Evo 6! It will say it cannot find an option file; so you'll need to re-enter your name, difficulty level, change music settings, camera settings etc. You'll only have to do that this once.

4. Try an exhibition match. If everythings working ok, you'll have lovely lush kits with the latest squads and stats :)

5. Download the PSL PES6 Squad Switcher @ http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZFG64MD3 - When you install the 2009 update, it makes a backup of all the files that are needed to be changed. Running this program can let you switch between the 2009 squads, and whatever you had before. This switchover only takes a second or two, so you are able to switch back to older squads to play online games with those who don't yet have the update. There are checks in place to make sure you can't mess anything up if you, say, try to select 2009 squads when they're already installed!

6. Done!

As said, you can only play online with those who also have this update (or else the game crashes) but the switcher app will make it easy to maintain compatability in playing with the non-downloaders.

----

Troubleshooting
Q. Nothing has changed after installing the updated squads
A. Make sure that you point the installer to the correct game directory. It tries to get this automatically, but if you've reinstalled windows but not the game, this can fail.

Q. I see updated squads and kits, but the badges all look old?
A. Goto My Documents\KONAMI\Pro Evolution Soccer 6\save\ - there will be a rogue KONAMI-WIN32PES6OPT file in one of the directories here that needs to be deleted.

Q. The game is asking me to enter my name every time I load up.
A. See above; only look for a file thats not named correctly; it's this "corrupt/abnormally named" backup of an option file that is causing the problems.

Q. I don't agree with the squads / stats / kits in this update.
A. I did not create the update, that is down to the incredibley good work of the ISS-Team. All I can say is that although this may not be perfect, it is a thousand times better than the original squads, or updated squads using konami stats.

----

Credits
2009 squad update created by ISS Patch Team
http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showthread.php?t=52422

Online version of ISS 2009 squad update created by Ned-Rise
http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showthread.php?p=1594544

----

ISS 08-09 Patch Credits (as posted by them)

Evo-Team
PESC Editing-Team

Gigimarulla
Zlatan07
biaz
RedPhoenix
Ennes
Raja
Valle1992
Jimbei
Zeus
arctic-monkey
Redhead
and alle we probably forgot.

Thanks for your great work!

At the end I want to say "thanks" to the whole ISS team which really done great work! We hope that you like our patch!

Micele
Rechi
Nisoley
ZeBastian
klasse1975
Alegor
Ennes

Greets

ISS Patch Team

----

Post subject: Re: PES6: UPDATED SQUADS & STATS FOR 2009!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:59 pm 
Site Admin

Fantastic work !!!

Thx a lot !

I`m downloading the big update file now to reupload it so we have a 2nd mirror then in case the 1st link will suffer on many downloads at same time.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:22 pm 
Site Admin

actually the download from Megapoof is only 30 KB/sec max. ,wtf. 4 hours of download is gay. When i manually patched ma pes6, it crashed and logos where wrong. Some1 knows why is that?
Im using DKZ Studio 0.92b.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:28 pm 

ps. can we refrain from people trying to manually patch their stuff. The installer works; it does everything necessary to get people playing on without any possibility of conflicting methods of installing & patching etc. It may take 4 hours to download, but then you're looking at over 4 hours of trying to work out why your manual method failed.

To speed up your download; sign up to megaupload. It does it on a 3 tier system; paying subscribers get top priority, registered free users get 2nd priority, and non registered users get lowest. As a registered free user, I got 12mb/s this morning when testing the download.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:40 pm 
Site Admin

Download is better now, must have been ma torrents lol.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:06 pm 
Site Admin

I'm getting 290 KB/Sec without having signed up, just a 25 min download.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:14 pm 
Site Admin

Sorry Cele, i used ur installer but the game doesnt startup anymore.
Im missing also the new Kits. Where have dem all gone?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:19 pm 

Not a lot of info to go on there Eff lol.

What HAS happened? Did it install everything to the right directory? You should have an exe called "pes6.exe_PSLBACKUP" if it's found the right place. There should be a kitserver folder there. If there isn't, is there a kitserver.rar there? Same as the 0_text.afs in the /dat folder... is one there that has been modified recently? If not, is there a 0_text.rar file?

Going away from that, I remember you said how you had lots of other custom stuff already installed like new stadiums sounds etc. Get your pes6 cd, and inside the folders there put in all the original .afs files apart from the 0_text.afs

If that doesn't work....

Did it seem to install ok? Do you have english language files installed? And how can you be missing kits if the game doesnt load....

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:35 pm 
Site Admin

From what ive seen in the GDB->UNI folder all ma files are same as b4.
The game stucks at Processes in the task manager, but no window comes up, no matter what i switch to. I ve replaced all updated files with the original ones, but still no effect. Is it a Vista Thing?

Ive used the clean prog aswell btw., so no .rar file or anything else left

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:41 pm 

GDB->UNI ???????

Was there the pes6.exe_pslbackup file there?

Ok, put the original files back, then do the big installer, and don't run the cleanup program. see what happens then? I am wondering whether all your other patching down the years coulda caused problems.

Get on MSN if you can. I'm off from work soon on train but i can get on msn via phone

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:09 pm 
Site Admin

now its all ok. Ma mistake was i havent checked the install dir and it had a different name.
soz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:11 pm 

Tsk tsk ;) But yeah awesome glad it works!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:37 pm 
Site Admin

Looks really good. U only have to take care that when ur running any of Cele`s 3 proggy u have browsed the correct install dir of PES6.
Also i deleted the "masks" and the "overlay" files from the Kitserver->GDB->Uni folder, cause i had feeling it slows ma cpu.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:51 pm 

Kitserver is involved and can be modified settings wise ... For example the lod settings aren't all at max so less problems for those on slower pcs ... Some may wanna turn settings down more, some may wanna ramp them up :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:21 pm 

Cele i think i love you, this is superb.