Share Trading League

Chat about anything you like.
Rossi

Post by Rossi »

Think it's fucked Ron, the websites been down for a while and now I can't sell my shares either and they've not changed for a few days too.

Got quality ones in Shell and BskyB too which are makin me a quick 5k atm but I know they'll go right down before it'll let me sell :lol:

Ronaldinosa

Post by Ronaldinosa »

Not been able to sell since before Christmas . Perhaps the game just doesn't like me turning in a profit
Gilbretto
Site Admin

Post by Gilbretto »

wOOOoooOoo!! I'm back on top. :D
Ronaldinosa

Re: Share Trading League

Post by Ronaldinosa »

168k , A very good day at the office :lol:
Rossi

Post by Rossi »

Nice, I fucked mine up completely so am on just less than 70k but whacked it all in Tesco and got a feeling they'll give a good return.

Biff
Site Admin

Post by Biff »

Pig's great tip, Serabi Mining are now doing crap. Christ knows what any of this means?!

SERABI MINING has undertaken a Capital Reorganisation on the following basis:

Each Existing Ordinary GBP0.10 share in issue has been subdivided into 1 New Ordinary GBP0.005 share and 1 Deferred GBP0.095 share.

Your new holding is 3025 SERABI MIN GBP0.005 shares.

The Capital Reorganisation received shareholder approval at the General Meeting held on 28th January 2009, and subsequently became effective on 29th January 2009.

Since 12th September 2008, the Company's shares have been trading at a level below their current nominal value and current company law restricts companies from issuing new shares at a price below this value. The Directors therefore believe that a Capital Reorganisation was required to enable the Company to raise new equity in the future.

No application has been made for the Deferred shares to be listed on the Official List or admitted to trading on any stock market or securities exchange. These shares have extremely limited rights and benefits attached to them rendering them in effect, economically worthless. These shares have therefore not been updated on your account.

Following completion of the Capital Reorganisation your account has been updated accordingly.

All I know is they are now trading at just under 1p and I bought £100 worth at 3p!
Ronaldinosa

Post by Ronaldinosa »

Think i'll retire on the profits already made :lol:
Valera
Site Admin

Post by Valera »

Basically Biff, because the shares have been doing so crap on the stock market (issued at 10p each, trading at 3p) the company couldnt issue new shares while current ones trade below their par value.
They split each Ordinary share into 2 different ones (1 Ordinary trading at 0.5p and 1 Deferred worth 9.5p = worth 10p in total therefore putting the shares value at 10p overall and enabling the company to issue more shares to raise equity. If you guys were trading shares for real then you could sell both the ordinary shares (listed on exchange) and deferred ones (not listed) but as its a game you can only deal with shares that are listed if im correct. So basically Biff you're out of pocket 2.5p for every 3p share you bought lol

3 years studying accounting and biz management in uni and its the first time any of it was "useful" :roll:
Biff
Site Admin

Post by Biff »

Those are real shares. I bought £100 worth at about 3p and now they are now worth 0.83p! If they are going to issue more shares which aren't listed nobody will buy them. This will mean they will probably go out of business.

It's like when RBS issued more shares to raise capital they ended up costing more than the share price on the day! Obviously bugger all people bought them so the government took them on.
Biff
Site Admin

Post by Biff »

Stop press! Stop press! Pig's tip, Serabi Mining is now in profit for me! Bought for 3.31p they have gone up 79% today and are now 3.95p! The day's high was 4.75p.

Shares in Brazil-focused gold miner Serabi Mining soar 59 percent, building on a 44 percent gain made on Friday after the company announced that mining investor Steven Poulton had built up a 4 percent stake.

The share price rise is due to 'general speculation prompted by Friday's share purchase', says an analyst who asked not to be named.

Poulton founded mining sector investment company Altus, and in 2002 he co-founded Ariana Resources (LSE: AAU.L - news) .

Serabi issued a statement on Monday saying it continues to look for new sources of funding.

To see Serabi's statement please click on
Ronaldinosa

Post by Ronaldinosa »

Barclays was my biggie , now if only that was real money
Biff
Site Admin

Post by Biff »

Yeah, I made a couple of hundred on Barclays but I sold them too soon. I bought them at £2.27 and sold them at around £2.98. Now they are £3.71.