Tuesday's Footy Gossip

Discuss the beautiful game.
Biff
Site Admin

Tuesday's Footy Gossip

Post by Biff »

TRANSFER GOSSIP

Midfielder Javier Mascherano has been told he can leave Liverpool, having held talks with the club's hierarchy.
Full story: ESPN Soccernet

And Inter Milan are thought to be lining up a £25m bid for the Argentine international.
Full story: Daily Mail

Inter striker Mario Balotelli has rejected a bigger pay packet at Manchester United to join former boss Roberto Mancini at Manchester City.
Full story: Daily Mirror

Italy international Balotelli's £25m arrival at Eastlands will spark a transfer merry-go-round, with Emmanuel Adebayor joining Juventus on loan and Mascherano, Liverpool team-mate Dirk Kuyt and Uruguay and Atletico Madrid striker Diego Forlan moving to Inter Milan. (Daily Mirror)

Meanwhile, Manchester City are offering England winger Shaun Wright-Phillips as part of a deal to sign James Milner from Aston Villa.
Full story: Daily Mirror

The Premier League are keeping close tabs on Chelsea's £20m pursuit of Benfica's Brazilian midfielder Ramires, who is involved in a third-party ownership deal with agent Kia Joorabchian.
Full story: the Sun

Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson will step up his pursuit for Mexico international Carlos Salcido. Dutch club PSV Eindhoven are likely to demand about £3m for the defender.

Manchester United are monitoring the progress of Belgium international Steven Defour, with the club weighing up a £13m bid for the Standard Liege midfielder.

Arsenal goalkeeper Manuel Almunia is wanted by his first club Osasuna, a transfer that could rekindle the Gunners' move for Fulham's Mark Schwarzer.

Ajax manager Martin Jol wants to sign Middlesbrough striker Mido.

Fulham, Sunderland and Bolton are chasing Portsmouth striker John Utaka. The Nigeria international is also interesting German clubs Cologne and Bayer Leverkusen.
Full story: Daily Star

Hull striker Kamel Ghilas is a loan target for French side Arles-Avignon.

Roma are stepping up their efforts to sign midfielder Valon Behrami from West Ham and could offer goalkeeper Doni or striker Stefano Okaka in exchange.

OTHER GOSSIP

Manchester United midfielder Paul Scholes says he regrets not coming out of international retirement to play for England at the World Cup in South Africa.

Scholes said he had only two hours to consider whether to join England boss Fabio Capello's squad in South Africa.

Injured Tottenham defender Jonathan Woodgate has five weeks to save his career before new Premier League rules consign him to the sidelines.
Full story: Daily Express

Manchester United have similar worries over Owen Hargreaves and Anderson as the Premier League introduces new regulations that state clubs must name a 25-man squad by 31 August.
Full story: Daily Express

London 2012 chairman Lord Coe said England's build-up to the World Cup was disrupted by too much travelling and being overworked in training sessions.
Full story: Daily Telegraph

AND FINALLY

Netherlands international Royston Drenthe claims he is on the verge of joining Liverpool. He announced it on his Facebook page and said: "I will soon be joining Liverpool FC. I hope I will have a good season."
Full story: the Independent

X Factor favourites and Manchester United fans Jedward have offered Wayne Rooney a cameo appearance in an upcoming documentary and the England striker says the Irish twins can use his box at Old Trafford after they bumped into each other in a London hotel.
Biff
Site Admin

Re: Tuesday's Footy Gossip

Post by Biff »

Netherlands international Royston Drenthe claims he is on the verge of joining Liverpool. He announced it on his Facebook page and said: "I will soon be joining Liverpool FC. I hope I will have a good season."
Full story: the Independent
Would be a quality signing. He's better than Insua and Aurelio combined.
Soot

Post by Soot »

Was a fake facebook Biff.
Biff
Site Admin

Post by Biff »

Great.