Season 3 Preview

All the info you need about the new quick PSL Mini League
TheMoonRat

Season 3 Preview

Post by TheMoonRat »

1st Division
After a couple of shakeout seasons, we now have an ultra competitive top division. I can see each one of these players winning it. Markey was in imperious form for season 2, destroying Akaash in the process. Yet Akaash is a fine player who can crush anyone on his day. Soot is undefeated after 2 straight promotions, and Eirik is a former champ who has shown he can pull out results under pressure. I'm going to plump for Akaash again; he'll be a raging bull in his game vs Markey, gunning for revenge.

Akaash - WINNER
Markey
Soot
Eirik - RELEGATED

2nd Division
After 2 undefeated seasons I still sit here in division 2. I think this could be my time however; the div 2 rivallry between myself and sky has yielded 1 win and 1 draw so far, and will once again prove key to my hopes. Sky has finish 3rd place twice already. He seems to have bedded himself in, so I'm predicted a 3rd 3rd place. It's close though, as Effendi is a consistantly good performer; key to him will be whether he's played too much 2v2 before his league games. Pig has yet to score a victory in the Quads, and although I can see him picking up some more draws, he lacks the firepower up front.

TheMoonRat - PROMOTED
Effendi
Skybluearmy
PigBenis - RELEGATED

3rd Division
I'm really unsure about who will come on top in this division; I can't see any outstanding candidates, yet, TheTud aside, no especially weak candidates either. Poor TheTud... 5 defeats from 6 Quad League matches so far, maybe this will the season he turns it all around... maybe. I'm gonna plomp for AS though; with nerves of steal and a defense tighter than a duck ass last season, the question will be can he score enough. If he doesn't, both RuleX and La have the capability; La had a very poor first season, RuleX a very poor second season; both have points to prove

Anfield Scouse - PROMOTED
LA32
Rule-X
TheTud - RELEGATED

4th Division
Biff was so agonisingly close to promoting straight back upto Division 3, and Pilling has moved house thus dropping down to a division below his ability I feel; but I don't think that anyone can argue about my choice of winner here. Hyena starting from 5th Division would be like telling Man Utd to start from the Conference; this is a man who's yet to suffer a goal against him yet. After this season, I predict that will still be the case. Mouse could pull off an escape from relegation, but only if he beats Biff. That will be a huge huge game.

Hyena - PROMOTED
Pilling
Biff
Mouse - RELEGATED

5th Division
Hopefully activity will pick up in this division; if they get their games played Roy has the most game time, and thus will take it. Will be interesting to see how quickly Val gets back upto speed!

Roy462 - PROMOTED
Valera
Spincer182
Ronaldinosa - WOODEN SPOON
Biff
Site Admin

Re: Season 3 Preview

Post by Biff »

Nice one Moon!

Unfortunately I didn't play Ron in time to have a chance of promotion. I have a good feeling about this season though after changing my crap tactics. Bring on the trumpets!
skybluearmy
Site Admin

Post by skybluearmy »

Good work Moon, nice read

Here's my quick predictions:
League 1 - Soot to win, I found him unplayable at times last night
League 2 - really hard league, any 4 of us could win that if we click. I'll probably go for Moon though as he seems to be the man on form and Effe and I play too much 2v2
League 3 - AS to win that, bit of an underrated player imo
League 4 - Has to be Hyena who'll probably find himself in league 1 before we know it
TheMoonRat

Post by TheMoonRat »

skybluearmy wrote:Hyena who'll probably find himself in league 1 before we know it by bribing moonrat

The offers there Hyena ;)
Soot

Post by Soot »

I think the first 2 quads are really, really tough to call now that the divisions are moulding into shape. Should be an interesting season though , looking forward to it.
Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mouse »

TheMoonRat wrote:Mouse could pull off an escape from relegation, but only if he beats Biff. That will be a huge huge game.

So huge I already have a boner.
Ronaldinosa

Post by Ronaldinosa »

1. Wooden Spoon
2. Champion
3. Wooden Spoon

slightly variable predictions there guys lol

the best time for me to play is most evenings between 7 and 8pm , ive been in the room when its very full but had no response from anyone
TheMoonRat

Post by TheMoonRat »

Well you didn't get any games done last season, I was going on the basis you wouldn't get any games done this season too :P if you do, then spincer would be top of my list for the wooden spoon :P
pilling
Site Admin

Post by pilling »

Nice quick predictions:

1st Division:
Soot to win
Eirik Relegated

2nd Division:
TheMoon to win
Sky relegated

3rd Division
AS to win
Tud Relegated

4th Division
Hyena to win
Mouse relegated

5th Division
Valera to win
Ronaldinosa wooden
Hyena
Legend

Post by Hyena »

I'm also moving house, so not sure if i can get my games played. Will let you guys know asap.
TheMoonRat

Post by TheMoonRat »

You just wanna keep staying in Div5 and dominating it. I know your game ;)
Biff
Site Admin

Post by Biff »

I take it you can't play tonight then?
Hyena
Legend

Post by Hyena »

I could play NOW, my girlfriend will be here in an hour so no time/interest in pes from then ;)

Might have some time on saturday as well, but not sure yet.
pilling
Site Admin

Post by pilling »

Hyena, have you gone now!?
Hyena
Legend

Post by Hyena »

My PC is still at old home, no time to play today though.
I probably have some time tomorow night. So Pill or Biff could you play tomorow?