Driving Lessons

Chat about anything you like.
Biff
Site Admin

Re: Driving Lessons

Post by Biff »

Unfortunately I don't have anybody I want to ask. I'd be freaking Ayrton Senna by now if I did. My cousin drove on his own and got the hang of it pretty quickly, but he's a nutter and I haven't got the balls to drive on my own with no license, insurance, road tax and MOT!
Biff
Site Admin

Post by Biff »

Have you done your theory test yet Rossi? I've just booked mine for September 7th, I didn't realise there was a 2 week waiting list otherwise I would have done it earlier. There's a 10 week waiting list for the practical so it's gonna be another 3 months at the earliest before I can be done with it!

Hopefully the theory test has the same questions as the latest Driving Test Success software as I've done them all. I only did the Hazard Perception once though and just passed by one point, so I'll have to put some more practice in.
Rossi

Post by Rossi »

Yea did it a while back and got 50/50 on questions and 63/75 on hazard perception.

Did a mock drivin test with my instructor today and failed on the last roundabout, fuckin stupid mistake, hopefully gettin the mistakes out the way now.

He told me to book my test but the earliest available is freshers week, not gunna be in any shape to be drivin!

Biff
Site Admin

Post by Biff »

Nice one. Can you remember any of the questions? I'm just wondering if they are the same as on the latest Driving Test Success prog.

What did you do on the roundabout? When going straight on I used to forget to stay on the left and go in the middle of the road. I also sometimes forget to indicate, but then so do half the other drivers!
Rossi

Post by Rossi »

Biff wrote:Nice one. Can you remember any of the questions? I'm just wondering if they are the same as on the latest Driving Test Success prog.

What did you do on the roundabout? When going straight on I used to forget to stay on the left and go in the middle of the road. I also sometimes forget to indicate, but then so do half the other drivers!
Not really but I'd seen them all before on the various practice ones I'd done.

I'm sick of people not indicating (I sometimes forget though!) because it makes me look stupid. I just pulled out when I probably should've waited, silly.

Biff
Site Admin

Post by Biff »

I did that today! I also drove through a Pelican Crossing, it's fecking annoying when they put them on roads right near the junction.

Just here it was, on the right turn off the mini roundabout. There's a nice backdrop if you spin the camera around.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&q=c ... 4&t=h&z=18" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Biff
Site Admin

Post by Biff »

You beat me on the theory Rossi, I got 50/50 on the multiple choice but only 53/75 on the hazard perception. Thank feck you only need 44. It didn't help having about five hours sleep last night after watching This is England on Channel 4. I started daydreaming on one clip then a kid's ball flew into the road! I was a bit late on that one.
Biff
Site Admin

Post by Biff »

Have you got your practical booked before October, Rossi? They are starting something new in October where they won't be using the old test routes and won't be publishing new ones so I guess mock tests with the instructor along current test routes will be of no use.

I wish I did it when I was 17 now, back then there was no theory bollocks, just a 25 minute practical and a couple of questions. What's even more annoying is the earliest I could book my test at a reasonable hour was fecking November 1st! If I fail I guess it will be another couple of months before I can do it again!
Gavster1987
Site Admin

Post by Gavster1987 »

Yeah ive got my practical booked for 28th October and the new DVLA rules will have kicked in by then which is a joke tbh!

I only got told about these new changed about week before doing my theory test and consequently will need more lessons to learn the new practical rules.

I did pass my theory could of weeks ago and I got 48 out of 50 on the questions and 63 out of 75 on my Hazard Perception which wasnt too bad.

More info on the new Independent driving.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Nl1/Newsroom/DG_188282
Rossi

Post by Rossi »

Nope, I moved out last week and I start uni soon so I've been/am/will be a permanent mess and in no fit state to drive.

Havent even had any lessons, he told me to book my best weeks ago, oooops.

Biff
Site Admin

Post by Biff »

It doesn't look too bad, but I'd rather they had set routes like before as I'm bound to miss a bloody sign or something. In a real world scenario I would pretty much always go routes I know or plan my journey beforehand - or even use sat nav - so it's bollocks. I found out about it a while ago but didn't know there was a mega waiting list for the tests. If I knew I would have done my theory straight away then booked my practical in good time.

So you aren't gonna bother taking your practical then Rossi? You've got two years before you have to do the theory again so if you're in no rush you could just get lessons when you can and have a go in your mum's car when you get the chance then do it next Summer when you should be more than ready. What uni you going to?
Rossi

Post by Rossi »

Biff wrote:It doesn't look too bad, but I'd rather they had set routes like before as I'm bound to miss a bloody sign or something. In a real world scenario I would pretty much always go routes I know or plan my journey beforehand - or even use sat nav - so it's bollocks. I found out about it a while ago but didn't know there was a mega waiting list for the tests. If I knew I would have done my theory straight away then booked my practical in good time.

So you aren't gonna bother taking your practical then Rossi? You've got two years before you have to do the theory again so if you're in no rush you could just get lessons when you can and have a go in your mum's car when you get the chance then do it next Summer when you should be more than ready. What uni you going to?
I will do it at some point but I've spent the last 2 weeks pissed and freshers hasnt even started yet, tonights my first night in in 10 days, skint and goosed.

Going to Liverpool uni, living smack bang in the centre of Liverpool though so it's mayhem :D

skybluearmy
Site Admin

Post by skybluearmy »

Tax Dodger! :D
Biff
Site Admin

Post by Biff »

Had a mock test earlier and passed so that bodes well for the real thing next Monday. I had 11 minor faults and you are allowed 15, so it was close. They are all stupid things like signaling slightly too early or late. I also had trouble changing gear a few times so got marked down for them, I reckon his gearbox is fecked from all the muppets using his car as I never used to have a problem with it.
Gavster1987
Site Admin

Post by Gavster1987 »

Nice one biff!

Good luck for Monday mate! I've got my test on Thursday!