World Cup Thread

Discuss the beautiful game.
Biff
Site Admin

World Cup Thread

Post by Biff »

Although Maradona is a git, you've got to love him.
Diego Maradona made stinging comments about fellow soccer greats Pele and Michel Platini on Wednesday after the pair criticized Maradona's performance as Argentina coach.

Maradona said he was not surprised by their comments and that "Pele has to go back to the museum."

As for Platini, "I always had a very distant relationship with him — hello and goodbye. We know how the French are and Platini is French and he thinks of himself as being more than the rest of the world. I've never paid him any attention and I won't do it now."
TheMoonRat

Re: World Cup Thread

Post by TheMoonRat »

I also loved his pre world cup plea for fair play
Eirik
Site Admin

Post by Eirik »

Maradona also allowed his players to have sex during the world cup as long as the women do all the work :lol:
skybluearmy
Site Admin

Post by skybluearmy »

As much as I don't like the Argies (for obvious reasons), I do find maradonna quite amusing and there's no doubting he was/is a legend.
Biff
Site Admin

Post by Biff »

More Maradona comments today.
Maradona celebrated the victory, which followed a 1-0 win over Nigeria in their opener, by hugging and kissing his players, but he insisted afterwards: "I still prefer women.

"I am dating Veronica, who is blonde and 31 years old. But I like to acknowledge and congratulate my players when they play as well as they did today. That was a pleasing result and display. It was a job well done."
Maradona wrapped up his post-match press conference by saying he made peace with Uefa president Michel Platini.

Maradona added: "I want to say sorry to Platini - but not to Pele."
Markey

Post by Markey »

In north korea they still think they have beaten brazil 1-0 :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-O-s1WhYOWs[/youtube]
http://football-messiah.blogabet.com/

THE BEST IS YET TO COME !!!

THE LEGEND. THANK YOU PAOLO !
Effendi(GER)
Site Admin

Post by Effendi(GER) »

Lmfao, thats why his is called Il that kim Young bloke. Its simply because he is very ill lol
Karl Heinz Rummenigge, what a man...
Rummenigge Rummenigge all night long !!!
Biff
Site Admin

Post by Biff »

What a fecking joke England are. How can Rooney complain about booing after that? He should hold his hands up and take it. Beckenbauer is right, we have gone backwards, it's like 1972 booting it up to Heskey and pacey wingers with no skill. Get Gerrard playing off Rooney and Joe Cole on the left. Capello also needs to let the players know the team at least a day before playing so they can prepare themselves properly. I reckon Tony bloody Adams could be doing a better job than Capello!
Ronaldinosa

Post by Ronaldinosa »

Too many of these 'stars' adopt a can't be bothered attitude with England . They look like eleven individuals who have never met . Time to scrap 90% of this aging and tired looking squad and bring in the u21s who might actually play with some kind of passion for the shirt . Overpaid hyped up prima donas . When will we learn , we invented the game then left it for everyone else to adapt while we sit back nice and comfy with our 19th century philosophy on how things should be done .50% of this squad played , and failed , in 2006 . i still have faith in Capello as our manager but i think the players are so overpaid and up thier own arses they simply turn up in body for England .
Rossi

Post by Rossi »

I still reckon we can win it.

Biff
Site Admin

Post by Biff »

:D Nothing like a bit of optimism! I'm hoping it's the ITV factor. The Slovenia game is on the BBC so we should win it!
Soot

Post by Soot »

I blame Fabio for both draws to be honest, some of his subs and tactics are just shocking. 6 million a year to use Stoke City tactics?

The whole country apart from him is crying out for Joe Cole to be on the left hand side, i mean what kind of retard plays SWP left midfield ahead of JC? Then you have the system of hoofing it and running, Beckenbaur is spot on England do play kick and rush, he should have said kick and fail really. England have better players than that and really shouldn't have to resort to lumping it up to a complete and utter yard dog, get Heskey deported and start playing this

------------James
Johnson Terry Dawson Cole

Lennon/Milner Barry Lampard J Cole

---------- Gerrard
-------------- Rooney
Biff
Site Admin

Post by Biff »

Here, here. Not only are the hoof it up to Heskey tactics shit, they are also harder to pull off as the ball is shit for long passing. We need players like Joe Cole who can play a bit and get some short passing going.
TheMoonRat

Post by TheMoonRat »

I don't blame Capello one bit. It's not him telling the players to play this way... he wants them playing how they did in Qualy, which we played very well in. You can't blame the manager for the fact that Gerrard, Rooney, Lampard et all are suddenly unable to pass the ball 5 yards accurately, or control a simple ball. These basic footballing skills are suddenly missing as the players choke on the big stage, once more.
Biff
Site Admin

Post by Biff »

Didn't he play Cole in a lot of qualifying games and Gerrard off Rooney?