Friday's Footy Gossip

Discuss the beautiful game.
Biff
Site Admin

Friday's Footy Gossip

Post by Biff »

TRANSFER GOSSIP

Chelsea are set to open the bidding for Liverpool's Fernando Torres with a cut-price £30m offer for the Spain striker.
Full story: Daily Star

Inter Milan's Dutch midfielder Wesley Sneijder says he will turn down a £29m move to Manchester United to remain with the European champions.
Full story: Daily Mail

United manager Sir Alex Ferguson may now turn his attentions to Germany midfielder Mesut Ozil who is valued at around £25m by his club Werder Bremen.
Full story: Daily Express

Manchester City are lining up a £20m bid for Chelsea striker Didier Drogba.
Full story: the Sun

Man City meanwhile have turned down a £16.7m offer for Brazilian international forward Robinho from Turkish club Besiktas as the Eastlands side want more for their record £32.5m signing.

City are also eyeing a shock swoop for former Arsenal keeper Richard Wright, who is a free agent after being released by Ipswich.

Barcelona have admitted they will need to sell striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic in order to fund a move for Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas.

Chelsea are in danger of missing out on Holland defender Gregory van der Wiel with Bayern Munich set to land the £14m-rated Ajax star.

Former Liverpool winger Jermaine Pennant could be on his way to Italian side Napoli from Real Zaragoza.
Full story: Daily Mirror

Aston Villa have told Manchester City they may accept a player in part-exchange for their England midfielder James Milner.

Stoke midfielder Amdy Faye could be on his way to Leicester, while Blackpool are eyeing a move for goalkeeper Andy Lonergan from former Championship rivals Preston.

West Ham have had an improved £5.5m offer for West Brom midfielder Graham Dorrans turned down.

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp is set to renew his interest in Everton midfielder Steven Pienaar.

Midfielder Joe Ledley has completed a medical at Celtic and will finalise a move to the Glasgow club within the next 48 hours. The Welsh international, who is leaving Cardiff City, has agreed a four-year deal worth £25,000 a week.
Full story: Daily Record

OTHER GOSSIP

Birmingham City boss Alex McLeish wants the club to finalise his new contract after his assistant Roy Aitken quit to join David O'Leary in Dubai.

Meanwhile, Birmingham are in talks to bring Sunderland's chief scout Ricky Sbragia to St Andrew's as joint assistant manager and first-team coach.
Full story: the Guardian

Swansea are set to offer former Fulham and Coventry boss Chris Coleman the chance to replace Paulo Sousa, who joined Leicester on Wednesday.

AND FINALLY

West Ham face an anxious wait to find out whether Mexico winger Pablo Barrera, a £3.5m signing from Pumas, will be granted a work permit.

And West Ham boss Avram Grant has made it a priority to keep 31-year-old defender Matthew Upson at Upton Park.
Biff
Site Admin

Re: Friday's Footy Gossip

Post by Biff »

Chelsea are set to open the bidding for Liverpool's Fernando Torres with a cut-price £30m offer for the Spain striker.
I don't know why they keep going on with this, I just can't see Torres wanting to play for Chelsea.
Ronaldinosa

Post by Ronaldinosa »

I doubt he would want to play for either if Barcelona show an interest . It all depends if he wants football or wages . 200k a week for Toure is an absolute joke ; the knock on effect will effect every club
skybluearmy
Site Admin

Post by skybluearmy »

I can't see him playing for Barca as he's a Madrid boy. If he goes anywhere it will be Chavski or Citeh. Think he's more likely to give it another year at Pool tho.
Biff
Site Admin

Post by Biff »

Yeah, but he's Atletico Madrid so I reckon he would go to Barca. I just don't think he likes Chelsea after previous spats with Terry etc, plus Liverpool are his English team. If he was going anywhere I would say it would be back to Spain, but after the coming season.