The Liverpool Thread

Discuss the beautiful game.
Biff
Site Admin

Re: The Liverpool Thread

Post by Biff »

Watching Liverpool is too depressing these days.
pilling
Site Admin

Post by pilling »

It's bloody funny though.....nearly as amusing as watching Sheffield United, what a shite Season!
Effendi(GER)
Site Admin

Post by Effendi(GER) »

Blackburned
Karl Heinz Rummenigge, what a man...
Rummenigge Rummenigge all night long !!!
Biff
Site Admin

Post by Biff »

Hodgson's days are numbered.
Biff
Site Admin

Post by Biff »

I didn't think it would be that quick! It will be cool to see Dalglish back on the touchline. I reckon he'll play two up front, probably Cole off Torres which will be like Dalglish and Rush back in the day, or Beardsley and Rush/Aldridge when he was manager.
Rossi

Post by Rossi »

I think it's a pretty bad decision considering the next 3 fixtures (United, Blackpool, Everton). Think we had the same chance/more chance with Hodson in charge than changing things at this moment, should've at least waited until Monday but just proves the owners really didn't want him as they didn't want to wait until Monday and risk us winning tomorrow - then having to keep him for longer.

One possible positive is that the team will feed off the positive reaction that the fans will definitely give Kenny.

Biff
Site Admin

Post by Biff »

I think the sooner he went the better. Dalglish will probably end up being shite these days - especially with all the foreign players who won't have a clue what he's talking about - but it will be interesting to see how he does. He was the last manager we had that won the league.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptgVNqq2huM[/youtube]
Biff
Site Admin

Post by Biff »

Still in shock over the whole Torres saga, on Friday it looked like we would have a wicked new partnership of Suarez and Torres then Torres drops the bombshell of wanting to go to Chelsea. I could understand it if he wanted to go back to Spain with Real or Barca but bloody Chelsea! So much for his supposed loyalty to Liverpool. Then to top it off we spend £35 million on a player who has had half a good season in the Premiership. If I wasn't disillusioned with football enough this is almost the last nail in the coffin.
Angaldus

Post by Angaldus »

I dont blame Torres completety for leaving! The Club, Rafa, Roy and the old owners have to share the blame. 50m for Torres he had to go! He not played well for 2 years now with poor performances and injuries. He is a proven goalscorer but hasn't linked well with any other striker! Even Villa has to play on the wing when playing for Spain!

Saurez in from Ajax who as played for them for a couple of seasons getting that European feel of football instead of geting a south American player from an south American side is clearly good business! As for Carroll he has stepped up to the plate in the Championship, Premiership & the National side! He has been Newcastle best player even when they have losted or won!

Yes Torres on his best day is the best striker in the world but for 2 season he not had a best day!

Liverpool are moving forward. I hope LFC get Champions League football next season & Chelsea don't! YNWA but Torres will at the Bridge
Biff
Site Admin

Post by Biff »

To be fair it could be a good partnership, we just paid well over the odds for Carroll. Hopefully Torres will be a flop for Chelsea. It's a shame we haven't got a player like Neil Ruddock anymore, he would clatter Torres on Sunday.
skybluearmy
Site Admin

Post by skybluearmy »

Did you notice you also signed a 17 year old midfielder from us, Conor Thomas, on loan until the end of the season. Its a really strange one as he only made his debut for us on Saturday but Boothroyd has been raving about him for the last few months. Apparently its a loan with a view to a £2m plus deal in the summer. Will be keeping an eye on how he develops, looked pants on Saturday though to be honest! :D
Biff
Site Admin

Post by Biff »

Missed that with all the big money transfers going on. It just shows that our youth system can't be producing much.