Fantasy Football 2009/2010

Discuss the beautiful game.
Rossi

Re: Fantasy Football 2009/2010

Post by Rossi »

I'd be up for the telegraph one if someone sets up.

Biff
Site Admin

Post by Biff »

Cheers Soot, I'll have to drop him then as there are no subs on the Telegraph one.

I'll try again in a bit and use my Pools log in. If that doesn't work then I'll try another card. I'd prefer to use this card though.

I'm going with the tenner on the Pools and free game entry as I'll spend over a tenner on the Pools anyway.
Biff
Site Admin

Post by Biff »

I'm in. You just have to give them your footy pools username when it asks for a username. It then asks you to confirm your footy pools password. You can use a different password for the Fantasy League though.

Who's setting up a league then? I guess at the mo it will consist of just me and Sky!
Rossi

Post by Rossi »

and me?

Biff
Site Admin

Post by Biff »

As Sky got us to join he should set it up. The person setting it up can also get some free shizzle if they get 20 or more players in the league.

To form a Super League you just need to get a few people together that enjoy a bit of friendly banter and playing against one another in a fun game of skill. If, as the league's creator or Chairman, you manage to bring in 20 or more teams, you'll get some additional benefits including:

* 4 free issues of FourFourTwo magazine worth £16.40
* An engraved medal to present to the winner of your league
* Entry into the League of Chairmen with £1,000 awarded to the winner

In fact, it probably doesn't need 20 players, just 20 teams, as people can enter more than one team.
skybluearmy
Site Admin

Post by skybluearmy »

I wouldnt mind doing it normally but I've been lumbered with setting up a friends league and one at work so would get quite confusing to run 3. Any willing volunteers?
Rossi

Post by Rossi »

I'm not familiar with this one at all but I'm pretty used to doing fantasy footy in general so could do if someone tells me what I have to do haha

skybluearmy
Site Admin

Post by skybluearmy »

Nice one Ross, basically register to the site, pick yourself a team and select start a super league then either let us know the pin number to join it or we can give you our email addys to send the invite direct. Then you'd just need to copy and paste the weekly tablethe telegraph sends you up on this site. Be good if we could get 10 minimum joining this.

Also how much for the entrance fee? How about a tenner each?
Biff
Site Admin

Post by Biff »

To start a league you have to click on the Super League button on the right then a new menu appears near the top where there's a "create" link.

If you are a member of the Football Pools site you can pay a tenner for the entrance fee and have the money put straight in your Pools account to use there, so are effectively getting free entry in the fantasy game. I think you might be able to join the Pools site when you sign up to the Fantasy League.

As for our private league entrance fee, a tenner would be cool with me. We need to get input from everyone else though as we want to make it a level everyone is cool with paying, otherwise we won't get many players. We are going to have our work cut out getting people to join anyway. I don't think we'll get the 20 needed for the free shizzle anyway.
skybluearmy
Site Admin

Post by skybluearmy »

20's optimistic but 10 could be doable. Could we put a link to this on the front page or something in chat room maybe. There's a few who may not read the forums daily who'd maybe want to join?
Biff
Site Admin

Post by Biff »

It could be put on the front page pretty easily. We could also perhaps try getting some of the evo-league peeps to join.

I'll write something for the front page later, but as your more up on the game you can if you like. I think you have a log in to post news. Just click on the link below.

http://www.prosuperleague.com/cutenews/index.php
Rossi

Post by Rossi »

Alright I'll have a look at that later, £10 on top of the £6 is alright I suppose, might scare a few off but the betting mob should be up for it.

skybluearmy
Site Admin

Post by skybluearmy »

Shall we wait a few days and see if people are keen? There's not much point if its just the 3 of us.

Any other takers?
Soot

Post by Soot »

Can you pay by paypal on the telegraph one? If so i'll see how the funds are after being stung in a bet on Saturday.
pilling
Site Admin

Post by pilling »

can you use 1 team in 2 leagues? if so I'd be up for it as already in a telegraph league.