New Season

Discuss the beautiful game.
skybluearmy
Site Admin

New Season

Post by skybluearmy »

Lets see if we can get a bit of footy chat going again?

Wondered how you all felt about your teams chances this season? Am always interested to hear what its like following other clubs because you can get a bit bogged down following your own club all the time.

As far as my lot go, this coul dbe the year that we finally drop out of the league and potentially into financial oblivion. its a real possibility. We havent brought anybody in since last August, transfer embargo has just been lifted but no money to spend. We've lost 6 key players this summer all on free transfers, most notably Marlon King, Kieran Westwood and Aron Gunarsson. Its really annoying because if they'd have been under contract or if we were in a position to even offer new contracts there's probably £6-8m worth of talent just walked out of the door (that would keep us afloat for a year) and will be impossible to replace. We're apparently losing £500k every month now and we'll either have to be taken over within the next couple of months or placed into administration or even wound up. So all in all its probably been the most negative pre-season I can ever remember. On the plus side we have a brilliant manager in Andy Thorn who preaches pass and move football and is a breath of fresh air, we'll probably get battered most weeks but it will be good to watch after years of hoofball under Peter Reid, Micky Adams, Dowie, Coleman,Boothroyd. Also we seem to have lots of very good youth players coming through who'll all get a chance this year, watch out for Conor Thomas (on loan at Liverpool for part of last year), Gael Bigiramana and Cyrus Christie - could all net us some serious dosh over the next few seasons.

Anything other than relegation will be abig bonus and am keeping everything crossed that somebody somehwre feels sorry for us and takes us over otherwise we could be the first decent sized club in Britain to go completely under.

that said, it could be worse, I could support PNE and have division 3 football to look forward to this season. :D PUSB.
Rossi

Re: New Season

Post by Rossi »

Not sounding too good mate. What is Jutkiewicz like? One of my mates from work's a Cov fan and says he's alright and I heard a few other Champ sides were sniffing.

As for Liverpool, we've definitely got potential but we also have far too many midfielders, many of whom are very similar. Although it's a nice problem to have, so many of them are average and I'd ditch all but 7 or 8 of them (we've got about 15 now!).

God knows what formation we're gonna play, I find it impossible to figure it out.

Although we've been ripped off in most deals I think Downing will be a great signing. He put more balls into the box than anyone in the Prem last season for a struggling Villa team, just what Andy Carroll needs.

In Kenny we trust anyway!

skybluearmy
Site Admin

Post by skybluearmy »

Jukebox looks a good talent and started to look very good by the end of the season, not a natural finisher though but does look promising.

I fancy Liverpool for a Champs League place as it stands, probably over Arsenal. I agree, think Downings a good signing and will create a lot for Carroll and Suarez.
pilling
Site Admin

Post by pilling »

UTB's
skybluearmy
Site Admin

Post by skybluearmy »

August 9th, season already over
Effendi(GER)
Site Admin

Post by Effendi(GER) »

head up sky, u still have the FA Cup. You re just so down because PNE is through to the next round of the league cup. Cmon, nothing special.
And btw install PES6 and join some 2v2 at evo-league.com. Even Cele alias Moonrat is back lol
Karl Heinz Rummenigge, what a man...
Rummenigge Rummenigge all night long !!!
Soot

Post by Soot »

Your manager is a gaybod Sky

"There's no pressure on Cody. He needs a couple of games to get going again but he looked pretty sharp in training. I can't wait to get into the lad and bed him in to the way we play."
skybluearmy
Site Admin

Post by skybluearmy »

hahah I read that too and tittered