The Liverpool Thread

Discuss the beautiful game.
Biff
Site Admin

The Liverpool Thread

Post by Biff »

It looks like we have now signed Ryan Babel. According to reports he has signed a 5 year deal and cost £11.5 million.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4LWnav9hK0U
Sooty

Post by Sooty »

Pool will be class on PES2008 with that mofo, so fast.
Keane16

Post by Keane16 »

looks a good young player, cant fault your signings so far this summer
Biff
Site Admin

Post by Biff »

He does look like a pretty good signing. He reminds me of Henry.
Keane16

Post by Keane16 »

yeah, looks to like his tricks abit too much on that vid, should grow out of it though
Rossi

Post by Rossi »

I can fault them, where's the Brittish talent? Carra, Gerrard and Finnan (who's slowly being forced out) will be the only Brittish players in the team next season at this rate.

So much for that campaign that was run to keep the Kop Brittish or whatever, keep the fuckin team Brittish first.

Rugby League > Football.
WAZZA

Post by WAZZA »

Last edited by WAZZA on Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rossi

Post by Rossi »

Probably can.

That reminds me, I was watching the Ben Haim press conference at Chavski today and didn't speak in English? What's that about? That sums up the kind of player he is joining Chelsea, he's been here for about a year and can't even be arsed learning the language? Hmm, money? Thought so.
WAZZA

Post by WAZZA »

Last edited by WAZZA on Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keane16

Post by Keane16 »

lol wazz, dunna start :p
Biff
Site Admin

Post by Biff »

You would expect Ben Haim to speak English as most Israelis speak English. I'm personally not bothered where a player is from as long as they are good and have a good character. I would like to see more English players come through for the national team, but there doesn't seem to be much coming through at the moment. Also, to get an English player of the calibre of Babel would probably cost over £20 million. Can you imagine Chelsea selling SWP for £11.5 million?

I don't think we do enough to find talent in this country though. I'm sure there are a lot of people who could have been great players but didn't have the drive to push for it by going for trials etc. We need more people spotting talent, such as PE teachers and people visiting schools, then every area should have a sports academy where people who are spotted can get pro coaching.
Biff
Site Admin

Post by Biff »

It's now official. Yossi Benayoun has signed for a reported £5 million and Ryan Babel is due to sign tomorrow.
Gavster1987
Site Admin

Post by Gavster1987 »

look forward to meeting you liverpool this season :wink:
pilling
Site Admin

Post by pilling »

what u were saying about british talent! the prem league is now the biggest league in the world so in general is full of the best players, english players are way over priced in general so clubs are gonna sign players with the same if not better potential for a lot less. Also the likes of chelsea who sign all the english talent before they have barely kicked a ball in a professional game is ruining any chances of an english player coming through! they signed our kid 16 year old who was supposedly amazing for 1 mill bet he is never seen again!
Rossi

Post by Rossi »

Exactly, and the reason England never perform? Because the kids don't get a chance (and the media).

Is Benayoun 25 or 27? BBC and Liverpool website said different ages.

EDIT - Born in 1980 says Wiki, so 27 it is.