The Liverpool Thread

Discuss the beautiful game.
skybluearmy
Site Admin

Re: The Liverpool Thread

Post by skybluearmy »

Bit quiet in here isn't it? There was a time when this thread was a 'ROLLERCOASTER RIDE', with loads of posts from solid as a 'ROCK' Liverpool fans that used to 'ILLUMINATE' this forum, very much a TOWER of strength.

Apologies :D
Biff
Site Admin

Post by Biff »

It's too depressing to talk about, I can see this being our worst season for years. I'm actually starting to think we'd be doing better with Rafa!
pilling
Site Admin

Post by pilling »

Biff wrote:it's too depressing to talk about, I can see this being our worst season for years. I'm actually starting to think we'd be doing better with Rafa!
uhhh obviously!
Biff
Site Admin

Post by Biff »

If only we sacked Rafa earlier and got Hiddink. If the Yanks have any sense they will drop their price and sell now otherwise we could end up in the Championship and be worth even less!
Effendi(GER)
Site Admin

Post by Effendi(GER) »

Looks like the pool is more black than liver.
Karl Heinz Rummenigge, what a man...
Rummenigge Rummenigge all night long !!!
Biff
Site Admin

Post by Biff »

Rafael Benitez criticises Liverpool's former owners

Former Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has launched a cryptic attack on the club's ousted owners and current managing director Christian Purslow.

Benitez left to become manager of Italian giants Inter Milan last summer after six years in charge at Anfield.

But he hit out at former co-owner Tom Hicks's claim that he was to blame for the Reds' worst ever start to a season.

"We have a saying in Spanish: 'White liquid in a bottle has to be milk'," said Benitez.

Hicks criticised Benitez for wasting much of the money he was given to spend during the latter half of his tenure.

But Benitez has insisted the Americans were to blame, citing their appointment of Purslow in the summer of last year as the beginning of a downward spiral that ended in the Spaniard's exit.

Hicks and George Gillett lost Liverpool to New England Sports Ventures (NESV) on Friday after a lengthy takeover saga.

But in a bizarre outburst, Benitez compared events leading up to his departure to a bottle of milk.

"What does this mean? It means that after 86 points and finishing second in the league, what changed?" he said.

"The Americans, they chose a new managing director and everything changed.

"So, what changed?

"The managing director is involved in all the decisions: new lawyer, new chief of press, new manager, nine new players, new medical staff, new fitness coaches - they changed everything.

"At the beginning, they changed the managing director who was talking with some players, and they changed everything that we were doing in the past.

"So, if you want to ask again what was going on, it's simple: they changed something and, at the end, they changed everything.

"So, white liquid in a bottle: milk. You will know who is to blame."

Pressed further on the matter, Benitez would only say: "White liquid in a bottle. If I see John the milkman in the Wirral, where I was living, with this bottle, I'd say, 'It's milk, sure'."

He added: "The only thing I can say is that I'm sorry for the fans."

Sunday's defeat to Merseyside rivals Everton leaves Liverpool second from bottom in the table.
Biff
Site Admin

Post by Biff »

How depressing is it watching Liverpool at the moment? It's the worst I have ever seen us. I bet the new owners won't spend any money either.
Galea

Post by Galea »

Im finding it extremely funny, I dont know what the fuss is about lol
Rossi

Post by Rossi »

Terrible.

Sunday was one of the worst days in ages, made slightly better by the fact I knew exactly what was going to happen and had £20 on Everton to win and also Cahill first scorer!

Still, we're fucked.

Biff
Site Admin

Post by Biff »

The team against Napoli was ridiculous. Roy Hodgson should have stayed at Fulham, bar our few main stars they probably have a better squad.
Angaldus

Post by Angaldus »

Roy Hodgson has revealed that Glen Johnson faces a race against time to be fit for Sundays game. Jamie Carragher to be right back.

"Jamie is a centre back and that is where I think he should be playing. I don't like having to move him to full-back but it would be wrong to put young Kelly into the team and leave someone like Kyrgiakos or Skrtel out. We need the experience."

PLAY KELLY DUH
Biff
Site Admin

Post by Biff »

Kelly is deffo a better right back than Carra.
Biff
Site Admin

Post by Biff »

Woohoo! I was expecting it to be another depressing result. The only downside is we've done Man U a favour!
Angaldus

Post by Angaldus »

Torres was awesome. I think Kelly did a great job but all in all a great win and a great performance! YNWA

P.S.. Only 5 point off a Champions League place :)
Soot

Post by Soot »